Sunday, April 17, 2011

SS Showcase 4/16/2010

We've all come to enjoy the Second Saturday Showcase in Kissimmee as being one of the best local venues for a great crowd and great bands.

On Saturday night, I had the opportunity to hang out with 3 of the bands, and get to know them a little bit. The First band that played was a indie/rock band from Tampa called Marksmen, with Matt Segallos, Chris Brickman, Reed Murray(no relation to Bill Murray) and Glenn Espinoza. I only caught the last 3 songs, but these guys played like true musicians with heart, and I wouldn't be surprised if a Label picked them up soon.

Now the next band which is also from Tampa, Preson Phillips and who He called (the other members) The
Tryouts. Which was a folk/indie/worship like group, played a really great set, The lead singer/guitarist Tommy "Preson Phillips" Showed that He has been playing since 2000, when He got his start with the band Cool Hand Luke(Unfortunately I did not get to see play, But I do have an album from 2007) and Has been a Pastor for The Watermark Church in Tampa and continues to use His talents to praise the Lord. I did meet one of (the tryouts) before the show, Ashton(If I misspell a name, let me know) He seemed like a great guy, I didn't get a chance to interview the others in this group, But I would definitely catch another show that features Preson Phillips.

And the last band I got to see was from right here in Orlando, Bellarive;   With Members Sean Curran,Mellisa Mage, Mike Mage, Josh Luker, Zach Glotelty, and Kenny Werner. Now, I also found out that the members are Star Wars Fans and I found this out personally from drummer Kenny Werner, just before the band played. They are featured on the Record Label Come&Live!  Now every once in awhile, I come across a great worship band, and Bellarive was one of those, All of the elements you would expect a
true worship band to have, they had the harmony, and the passion all mixed together showing their love for the Father, in songs that you'll want to hear over and over again. Now I'm not really emotional, but they're song; Shine On, was truly inspirational and so far one of 3 favorites from this band; and I hope to hear them play again soon.

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to send me an email to mrbobfoto@gmail.com or find me on facebook by clicking HERE. And If you enjoyed reading my blog, let me know. I love feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment